New features now make it easy for all creators to reuse their content for promotion across multiple social media platforms
Descriptionan all-in-one video and audio editing software for new media creators, will host its latest livestream product release today on 11:00 a.m. PST / 2:00 PM EST. The event follows the success of the company’s first-ever live-streamed product release in September. Product announcements this quarter will focus on tools to create quick, easy, and engaging music videos that creators can use to promote their podcasts and other content on social media, as well as long-awaited performance improvements and new ways to collaborate.
Marketing Technology News: Digital collectibles platform Blockparty partners with Warner Music Group
Headlining this quarter’s release are Descript’s new social video features, which allow creators to create promo clips from any existing audio or video content in Descript, eliminating the hassle have to download separate software. These clips can then be instantly shared in appropriately sized formats on social media platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and more. The new features give creators a new set of tools for social promotion in addition to Descript’s existing Audiogram functionality.
Additional Social Video Highlights:
- Instantly transcribe audio or video to generate subtitles
- Dynamically update text with episode, section or speaker titles
- Add waveform, progress bar or text clip animations
- Customize text, background and color palettes to match your brand
- Descript Pro users can now upload their own fonts
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Laura Taylor, CMO at Crayon
“Creators need to promote their work, but creating promotional items is just another burden on their time,” said Jay LeBeouf, Head of Business and Corporate Development at Descript. “Our new features in Descript will help them create shareable videos quickly and easily. We started as an audio editing app, but since we introduced video editing in October 2020 we’ve seen about half of our users get into video production. It’s a clear indicator that podcasters and other content creators are no longer toeing the line between video and audio production – and they deserve an app that can do it all, including making video to promote their audio content.
Additional product releases and updates in this quarter’s live stream include:
- Ultra-fast publishing
- 10x faster export speed than before – and faster than any other video editing software, especially on longer videos
- Progressive screen recording downloads, so your video is ready almost as soon as you stop recording
- Custom Branded Drive and Sharing Pages
- Transfer ownership of the project to collaborators
- Performance improvement
- Apple Silicon (M1) chip support on macOS
- Start, stop and pause screen recordings from the dock
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Andy Stevens, Chief Data Officer at Clear Channel International