Location : Farringdon, London/home
Contract: Permanent full time
Wage scale: £39,100-£46,000
The work of a Learning Platforms and Products Manager at Save the Children UK is creative and varied
- Are you a strategic thinker with previous experience in digital project or product management?
- Are you familiar with product-driven growth, particularly in a start-up environment and preferably related to marketplace platforms and/or B2B SaaS learning products?
- Do you have experience managing a Learning Management System (LMS) as well as managing teams responsible for the effective maintenance, support and growth of platforms and/or products of digital learning?
- Are you driven by our vision to create a world where every child not only survives, but thrives and can go on to change the world?
If the answer to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you!
The Humanitarian Leadership Academy (HLA), part of SCUK’s Humanitarian Department, provides high quality humanitarian capacity building for the movement, as well as the wider sector, as part of our Change of Power programme.
HLA’s mission, as a team within the Humanitarian Department, is to enable people around the world to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries, by providing quality learning opportunities. HLA’s approach ranges from needs-driven learning in crisis-affected countries to the enormous international reach of our learning platform, Kaya. This is a global team that has a full range of in-house skills to deliver and develop the offering; technical and educational experts, platform specialists, digital and design studio, communication support and more.
The HLA allows SCUK to offer the most effective and impactful humanitarian capacity building resource for the Save the Children movement, the wider humanitarian sector and beyond.
Purpose of the position
HLA platforms have been established and, as of 2022, reach over 500,000 individual learners, with over 50 partners using an existing product. Individual learners benefit from hundreds of free, online and blended courses, while existing products provide an inexpensive but highly flexible and adaptable learning management system (LMS) to partner organizations. The next step in this journey will be for this new function to further evolve platforms and products, as well as launch new commercially viable platform products for existing and expanded audiences.
HLA’s Platforms and Products function is responsible for the development, management and support of HLA’s flagship digital platforms, Kaya and HPass, and the portfolio of paid products they enable. It consists of a team of technical specialists whose responsibilities cover UX/UI development, feature delivery, configuration and maintenance of platform infrastructure and hosting arrangements, and support. individual user; as well as end-to-end management of platform products throughout their lifecycle, from ideation, to build and launch, to growth and ongoing technical support to partners who support them. use within the framework of service level agreements (SLA).
The Head of Platforms and Products will be key to achieving this. The purpose of the role will be to manage, maintain and improve HLA’s existing platforms and products and ensure their efficient operation, as well as any new products that have been launched and established in an expanded portfolio. You will be the technical expert of the function and will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring a very high quality user and partner experience of the platforms and products; online management of a team of specialists for this purpose.
The main tasks of the Platform and Product Manager will include:
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and enhancing existing HLA learning/accreditation platforms and products, as well as any additional digital platforms, products or systems that will be established.
- Master platform roadmaps and translate them into manageable, prioritized backlogs.
- Extend, build, test, and deploy major features and functionality, architecture upgrades, integrations, API/SSO configurations, app releases, and bug fixes.
- Supervise the work of the external development team, main designers, front/backend developers and QA testers using an agile method. Ensure that any new development meets acceptance criteria and can be deployed from release to production.
- Responsible for platform stability, security and scalability, including passing independent security assessments and validating/resolving potential vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for establishing strong data protection and governance policies and mechanisms for the platforms.
- Administer additional digital systems including data platform, BI tools and app stores (iOS and Android).
- Work closely with the Product Development Manager to coordinate the development, integration and testing of new products on platforms.
- Responsible for user experience and partner of platforms and products, driven by data through the use of qualitative and quantitative methods in the prioritization of developments and improvements.
- Responsible for purchasing and contracts in the function, including managing the tendering process for service providers for hosting, maintenance and support of the platforms.
- Line management of User Experience Specialist, Partner Experience Specialist and Technical Support Agents.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has experience managing teams responsible for the effective maintenance, support and growth of digital learning platforms and/or products.
You will be familiar with product-driven growth, particularly in a start-up environment and preferably related to marketplace platforms and/or B2B SaaS learning products. You will be analytical in your thinking, using data and insights to inform decisions, but also comfortable with ambiguity. You will be keen to actively listen, empathize and ultimately develop a deep understanding of HLA users and partners, and manage an empowered team of platform/product specialists whom they trust to deliver complex technical solutions to meet the needs of these stakeholders.
- A strategic thinker with previous experience managing digital projects/products.
- Experience administering a Learning Management System (LMS), preferably Moodle and/or Totara Learn.
- Familiarity with LMS/platform architecture and hosting arrangements.
- Familiarity with a range of online/blended learning methodologies, standards and formats that can be set up, managed and maintained using an LMS, and preferably learning accreditation and digital credentials such than open badges.
- Proven experience in researching, documenting and prioritizing stakeholder requirements, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience in contracting, commissioning and procurement, including tendering processes.
- Strong digital literacy skills and ability to quickly adopt new technologies and approaches.
- Ability to build effective relationships and networks based on trust, with strong partnership development and management skills.
- Ability to contribute to a high performing team and work effectively across different functions to ensure maximum efficiency and impact.
- Strong representational and communication skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely and work with multiple cross-sector stakeholders.
- Passion and energy to work towards transforming humanitarian response globally.
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and their practical application and integration into the work environment
- A commitment to Save the Children UK’s aims and core values of accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity
The majority of SCUK employees are currently working remotely in the UK in line with UK government guidelines. From July 2021, we will transition to flexible and hybrid working methods (i.e. a mix of remote/home and office working) as social distancing restrictions ease.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options during the interview**. **
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of its work, both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as returning parents or caregivers re-entering work after a career break, LGBT+, Black, Asian and minority, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with family responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less privileged socio-economic backgrounds.
To see our full statement, please visit this link: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/our-policies/diversity/
How to register
To apply, visit our website HERE.