ACT announces quarantine for all international arrivals
Unsurprisingly, ACT aligned with NSW and Victoria in announcing that ALL international arrivals will need to be quarantined upon arrival in Australia.
As of now, anyone in ACT who has visited South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Seychelles, Malawi, Namibia and / or Eswatini during from the last 14 days must undergo a COVID-19 PCR test and immediately quarantine.
Starting at 11:59 p.m. tonight, ACT Health will also implement quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated overseas travelers who have not been to these countries. These travelers must quarantine themselves until Tuesday, November 30 at 11:59 p.m. The measures will be reviewed on November 30.
Travelers arriving from abroad before 11:59 p.m. on November 27, 2021
Travelers who have recently arrived from abroad, are already in ACT and have traveled or spent some time in the countries listed above in the last 14 days:
- Should have a COVID-19 PCR test as soon as possible. If you have not passed your initial test within 24 hours of arriving in Australia, you must get tested
- Are required to quarantine themselves in their current residence / accommodation until 14 days have passed since the last time in the listed country
- Are required to complete a reporting form (will be available online on the ACT COVID-19 website from the morning of Sunday, November 28)
- Household members should also quarantine themselves with the traveler
Travelers arriving from abroad on or after 11:59 p.m. on November 27, 2021
International travelers from the countries listed above on or after 11:59 p.m. on November 27:
- Quarantine at the port of entry into Australia regardless of vaccination status
- Travelers should follow the signs for the port in which they arrived
Fully vaccinated international travelers from countries other than those listed above intend to go to ACT:
- These travelers will need to follow the jurisdiction requirements of their port of entry into Australia.
- If the port of entry allows onward travel to ACT, travelers will need to complete a declaration form within 24 hours of arrival in ACT. This will be available on the ACT COVID-19 site from the morning of Sunday, November 28.
- Will be required to quarantine themselves in their ACT residence / accommodation until 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
There are no changes to the requirements for international travelers who are not fully vaccinated, meaning they must complete 14 days of quarantine upon arrival.