Sony Music Entertainment Australia is home to the world’s biggest and brightest local and international artists, and we are looking for a talented Social Media and Content Manager to join our passionate team in the Sydney office located on Gadigal Land, including the traditional custodians. are the Gadigal people. of the Eora Nation.
The Social Media and Content Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing social media and content strategies that aim to develop, engage, activate and monetize target audiences, through a roster of assigned Sony artists, as well than Sony’s own social channels and databases.
This person will act as a strategic partner, integrated with the Artist Core Working Group to contribute to the overall artist marketing strategy by leveraging social media and content to identify, engage and acquire fans.
You will report to the Senior Director, Audience Development and Digital Communications.
What you will do:
- Design and deliver end-to-end content and social media strategies, creative ideas and executions for your own artist roster and other projects, based on the primary goals and audience goals of the campaign
- Lead and participate in creative ideation sessions for our artists.
- Build social and content strategies to support CRM efforts
- Build and maintain direct relationships with artists and managers (as well as with third party social media agencies and partners of our artists) to develop and create content.
- Develop and execute influencer marketing opportunities and engagements for their artists, working with the support of our agency to execute them.
- Initiate, brief and manage the creation and production of relevant artistic social content.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate results by tracking audience and content metrics throughout the life of a campaign.
- Proactively provide campaign analysis and interpretation of relevant data and information to the stakeholder group and make recommendations for mid-campaign and future campaign optimizations.
- Host artist social integration sessions for your artists, educating and empowering them with social media platforms to develop and engage their audiences, as well as identifying other opportunities to keep artists up to date with current social media trends / opportunities.
- Collaborate with other business functions to deliver creative recommendations focused on social media and content.
Who are you:
- a music fanatic, who lives and breathes “Internet”!
- 4-6 years of direct social media and content experience – experience in formulating and implementing social media and content strategies for musicians and / or entertainment products will be considered an asset.
- Proactivity to stay on top of and ahead of all current social media and content platforms, products, features and trends to better educate and identify opportunities for our artists and our business, to achieve relevant goals.
- Expert understanding of how each social media channel works and how to plan content to reach the relevant target audiences on those channels.
- An expert storyteller with a solid understanding of how to deliver storytelling through digital content.
- Superior communication, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Superior ability to multitask and solve problems.
- Advanced skills in MS Office, Canva and Adobe Photoshop are an asset
What we offer you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity and teamwork
- We invest in your professional growth and development
As an active member of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s goal is for our workforce to be diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job seekers on the basis of their merits, qualifications, skills and talents. We apply this policy regardless of gender, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, health status or disability of any anybody.